For God, it’s not about ability. It’s about availability.
Is the Bible compatible with Science? Wait… WHAT?
This is the topic we discussed at youth group tonight. I will give you the 3 topics we discuss.
1. The Flood.
- Atheists and Scientist think that this is impossible and there is no evidence! But, at last! We do have evidence my munchkins!
- They think, Mt. Everest! How can the water reach that high! See, you have been proven wrong. I think not my friends!
- They have found trees by the base of these different mountains. They are without roots and yet go deep down.
- This shows that they have been once uprooted and shoved back. Only explanation is a world disaster.
- Ok, that’s not enough? What about the Dead Sea?
- Ever wonder why the Dead Sea has such a high level of salt? You float, you can’t drown! Woah there.
- Well, what was found at the bottom of the Dead Sea but evidence of civilization that dates back 7,000 years ago? In Noah’s age?
- The only explanation is a world-wide disaster!
- The force of Niagara Falls? Times that by 200 and that is the force that fell upon the Dead Sea from the Mediterranean Sea!
- Ok, not enough? What about Jonah?
2. Jonah and the Whale!
- Again, nay-sayers will argue and say, that a human couldn’t possibly live in a whale for 3 days and 3 nights! Also, there isn’t a whale that can eat a human!
- Well, in Hebrew 3 days and 3 nights basically means just 3 days. So Jonah could have been in the for only 38 hours!
- Also, a sperm whale was recorded that swallowed a 405lb squib! Crazy.
- In Hebrew times, you were trusted to tell the truth when you told stories. If you lied, you weren’t allowed to tell stories again.
- Jonah had to be trusted in this. Explanation? It was a miracle.
- Scientist want it to be proved! Well, guess what? A miracle can’t be proved. That’s what it is called a miracle!
- Church: NO!
- Science: YES!
- Me: Partial.
- What you talking about Nicole?
- Well, lets look at Genesis 2:5-6
- Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth and no plant had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground, 6 but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground.
- The vegetation/plants have to grow.
- The water had to form.
- Ok, now the monkey thing…
- Genesis 1:27-So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
- He created us in his own image! Not monkeys!
- We have dominion over the animals. It states this in Genesis 1:26.
- He created us differently and purposely apart from animals.
- There are many reasons that we are different from monkeys, but here’s a few.
- We, as humans, are born with only 25% of our brain developed, making us dependent.
- Monkeys, on the other hand, are born with 75% of their brain developed, making them very independent.
- Also, female monkeys’ reproductive organs are near the back, while female’s (humans) are near the front.
- The one reason for this is that God is intimate. He cares for us, he wants to talk to us. Human intercourse is meant to be very intimate.
- Monkeys’ intercourse is just animalistic. Hence, THEY ARE ANIMALS!
So that is what we learned at youth tonight. Hope you learned, too!
You know why I want to spread the gospel?
Eternity is a LONG TIME!